How to Download and Watch Amazon Prime Video on Your Computer Offline?
If you already have joined the annual Amazon Prime subscription, you are allowed to watch thousands of Prime videos titles, as well as hundreds of channels at no additional cost. With the Amazon Prime membership, you can access to a huge library of movies and TV shows across every kind of category, and hundreds of popular and awarded-winning Amazon Original Movies and Prime Original Series. And you can also stream unlimited movies and TV shows from the Prime app on your compatible Fire TV, smart TV, mobile phone or tablet, and game console, or through the web player on the desktop.
What's more, Amazon Prime Video is the first streaming video service that adds the videos downloads feature that allows the members to download videos on Windows 10, Kindle Fire tablet, iOS, or Android devices for offline viewing on the go. In the following part, we will share how to download and watch Amazon Prime videos offline on your computer.
Like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video only provides the web player to allow its members to stream videos only on browser. Fortunately, Amazon Prime Video app for Windows 10 now was live in the Microsoft Store. You can go to the Windows 10 Store and download Amazon Prime Video for Windows. This app allows you to stream videos online and download them for offline viewing. Let’s explore how to download Prime Video titles on Windows 10 with this dedicated app.
1. Run the Amazon Prime Video app on Windows 10 and log in to your Amazon account.
2. Before starting downloading the video titles, you need to open the Settings to change the download quality between good, better, and best for offline video support.
3. Select a movie or TV shows and select the "Download" option to start download Prime Video titles. For TV shows, it is possible to download an entire season from the season overview page. After the downloading process finished, you can find all downloaded titles under Downloads and find more episodes if available.
Although this ability to download Amazon Prime Video titles on Windows 10 allows users to watch videos later on the app without needing Wi-Fi, but there are some download limits for Amazon Prime Video. For example, not all video titles on Amazon Prime are available to be downloaded for offline viewing; the downloaded titles can be accessed for only 30 days once you have downloaded them and you’ll have 48 hours to finish watching the title once you start watching it. To download Amazon Prime Video titles without limitations, you need an Amazon Prime video recorder or a dedicated Amazon Prime Video Downloader.
1. With Video Screen Recorder: Any Video Converter Ultimate
Any Video Converter Ultimate is a screen recording, video & audio conversion, and online video download software that gives you an option to record Amazon Prime videos to MP4 by default with the high recording quality kept. It is an easy-to-use and full-featured screen recording tool that allows you to easily capture streaming videos from Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, etc, and anything on the screen including media player windows, online video web pages, rectangular/freehand regions, desktop activities. In the following tutorial, we will show you how to record Amazon Prime video for offline playable through Any Video Converter Ultimate.
Any Video Converter Ultimate: Prime Video Recorder
- Record video screen with high output efficiency and quality.
- Download videos and music from YouTube and 100+ sites in batch.
- Convert Video & DVDs & CDs to 200+ formats for various devices.
- Edit video clips with the cut, crop, flip, and special effects.
- Burn any video to blank DVD disc to create DVDs.
- Support NVIDIA NVENC/AMD AMF/Intel QSV hardware acceleration.
Let's come to the tutorial on how to record the Amazon Prime Video titles on PC with Any Video Converter Ultimate.
Open Any Video Converter Ultimate
Download and install Any Video Converter Ultimate on Windows PC, then run this Amazon Prime Video recorder. On the main interface of Any Video Converter Ultimate, click the "Record Video" tab to open the video recording window.
Change the screen recording settings
Click the "Setting" button at the upper-right of Any Video Converter Ultimate and select the "Screen Record" option. On the Screen Record option window, you can change the folder for storing temporary recording files, customize the Video Encoder parameters including FPS, Codec, Profile, and Quality, and change the Audio Encoder parameters including Codec, Bitrate, Channels, and Frequency.
Start recording Amazon Prime video
Open the Amazon Prime Video website in the Firefox browser and open the video you want to record. Next, back to Any Video Converter Ultimate and click the "Record Screen" button, then the program can detect the recording area automatically and mark it with a green rectangle. You can adjust the wanted recording area by drawing the green rectangle with your cursor.
Note: If you encounter the black screen issue with Amazon Prime Video, it might be caused by the copy-protection function of the browser. To fix this issue, you can open the Amazon Prime Video on Firefox and try to record the video again.
Or you can also double-click on the to change the recording area to full-screen mode.
After everything is ready, you can play the video that you want to record and click the button to start recording video from Amazon Prime. And you can press "Ctrl + F10" to hide the recording menu bar.
Check the recorded Amazon Prime videos
Click the button or press "Ctrl + F7" to stop the recording process. Once the recording task is finished, the recorded video will be generated and shown on the main window of the program, and the recorded video was automatically saved as MP4 format by default, with H264 or H265 video codec. You can use the built-in video player to play the recorded Amazon Prime video, or use the built-in video editor to clip, crop, add audio track, subtitle, and special effects to personalize your video.
Once you have recorded an Amazon Prime video with Any Video Converter Ultimate, you can also:
1. Play the recorded Amazon Prime video on the built-in video player of Any Video Converter.
2. Convert the recorded Amazon Prime video to other video formats or clip the video into your desired segments.
Some tips and tricks you may need when recording the video screen:
If you use a high-end NVIDIA/AMD/Intel graphics card, you will be able to enhance the recording ability of Any Video Converter Ultimate by using the GPU of the graphics card.
1. If you use GTX 600 series or higher graphics cards, you can choose H.264 Codec to record the video screen at high speed, with a high compression ratio, and in high quality.
2. If you use GTX 950 series or higher graphics cards, you can choose HEVC (H.265) Codec to record the video screen at high speed, with higher quality and smaller file size.
3. If your graphics card supports AMD AMF hardware acceleration, you can choose HEVC (H.265)/H.264 Codec to record the video screen at high speed with high quality kept.
4. If your CPU supports Intel® Core, you can choose HEVC and H.264 Codec to record the video screen at high speed with high quality kept.
2. With Amazon Prime Video Downloader
Free Amazon Prime Download is a professional and dedicated Amazon Prime Video downloader. With this downloader, you can download and watch Amazon Prime videos offline on any device without spending internet traffic. The downloading process is quite simple: you just need to copy paste video's URL and choose the quality of downloading video. It also supports downloading multiple subtitles and audio tracks at the same time.
Note: For respecting the copyright terms, you can only use the software for personal needs, and do not share the material to any other people or third parties.
That’s all about how to download or record Amazon Prime videos on a computer for offline playback. You can download the Amazon Prime Video app from Windows 10 Store to download some titles. If you want to record the Amazon Prime video, Any Video Converter Ultimate is highly recommended, because it is an all-in-one video tool that enables you to record video screen from streaming videos, convert videos between any video formats, edit video, download online video & music from YouTube, and play the local video and audio files. If you want to download multiple Amazon Prime videos at the same time and keep multiple subtitles and audio tracks, just try Amazon Prime Video Downloader!
Download Songs from Amazon Music to MP3
To download songs from Amazon Music for offline listening on various media players and portable devices, you can use Amazon Music Recorder to record Amazon Music songs to MP3. This Amazon Music Recorder adopts the innovative and unique recording technology which allows users to capture the Amazon Music with Amazon Music web player.Read More