This document briefly introduces main steps to use Any DVD Converter for iPod to convert directly your favorite DVD to MPEG-4 file format with excellent image and sound quality playable on your iPod.
Any DVD Converter for iPod is a professional yet easy-to-use video converter tool for Apple iPod video. It can convert DVD to iPod video MP4 (MPEG-4) format. This super DVD ripper can put DVD on iPod with great quality, super fast conversion speed. Its friendly interface and rich options can satisfy all your requirements, such as converting iPod DVD video by custom file size, ripping any segment of DVD, selecting target subtitle and audio track. This guide will show how to convert DVD to MPEG-4 file step by step.
Main Screen of Any DVD Converter for iPod
The main screen of Any DVD Converter for iPod is organized into four panels except the tool bar.
(1)The Upper Left Panel: display the detailed information about the DVD folder, including name, duration time, etc.
(2)The Bottom Left Panel: set related parameters here, such as Profile, Zoom Factor and Preview.
(3)The Upper Right Panel: preview the DVD file you have selected and ripped.
(4)The Bottom Right Panel: display the general options of output file, including duration time, video options and audio options.
Open DVD Folder: click here, you can open the DVD folders on your computer, and the detailed information will be displayed in the upper left panel.
Open IFO File: open the IFO (DVD Info File) file in your computer.
Tips: An info file associated with a .VRO video file. The .VRO file contains the video stream and the .IFO file contains various scene and timing information. This is different form a .VOB file where that information is included in the file. Several manufacturers use .VRO/.IFO files. The file VIDEO_TS.IFO consists of control and playback information for the entire DVD. VIDEO_TS.IFO is known as VMGI (The Video Manager Information file). This file is required to be present on a DVD-compliant disc.
Start Encode: to start encoding your DVD file to MPEG-4 format
Stop Encode: to stop the encoding process
The conversion can be finished in three easy steps:
Step One: Open the DVD files and organize your video clips
(1) After running the program, firstly, to open a DVD file or a disk, please click the “Open DVD Folder” button in the tool bar or choose “Open DVD Disk/Folder” in the “File” menu, and then select your DVD drive in the pop-up window and press the “Ok” button, and then all the file folders on your DVD will be listed in the upper left panel.
(2) You can choose either any chapters or the entire file as you like to convert. If you would like to convert the whole file, just check all the files included in the DVD file folder; but if you just want to convert certain chapters, please check the option “Show Chapters” in the bottom left panel, and then all the chapters in the file folder will be listed in the upper left panel. You can simply check those you want to convert. You may also make a preview of your selected chapter in the upper right “Preview Window” panel.
Step Two: set options of the output file
(1) Set output format
In “Profile” drop down list box, you can select the output file format. It is allowable for you to set different output formats according to different files.
Tips: There are two optimized settings for iPod video conversion: iPod (60G) MPEG-4 Movie (*. mp4) and iPod (30G) MPEG-4 Movie (*mp4). Select either of them to get iPod MP4 format directly.
(2) Set conversion mode:
After you select certain output format, the general standards will be shown in the bottom right panel. More options are provided in the pop-up window, which will pop up after you choose “Options” in the “View” menu. You can reset certain settings, such as “Video/Audio Bit Rate”, “Audio Volume”, etc. Certainly, you can also keep all the options unchanged.
Tips: You may set the “Bit Rate” by choosing the rate provided, such as 512, 768. Generally, the higher bit rate you choose the better picture you can get.
Step Three: Start Conversion
Now, it’s time to convert your selected file or chapters. Click the “Start Encode” button, and the DVD file or certain chapters you want to convert will be directly encoded to MP4 format. You may also choose to stop encoding during the encoding process. You need to overwrite the already-encoding file and re-encode, if you want to encode the file again.
Tips: the converted file will be saved in the output folder. The default path is “C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Any DVD Converter for iPod”. You can also browse all the file folders on your hard drivers and decide where you would like to save the output file.
After finishing the encoding, you can add the MP4 files to your iPod. But how can you do this?
1. Please click the “Open” button in the bottom left panel after the conversion is completed.
2. Find the converted file in the destination file folder and pull it to your iTunes.
3. Drag the file onto the iPod logo in the iTunes and then release the mouse when “+” appears around the cursor. The file will be transferred to your iPod automatically.
Finally, you can enjoy your favorite DVD anytime on your iPod anywhere.