- 1. Click "Add or Drag File(s)" Button or "Video(s) +" Button to add video or audio file(s).
- 2. Go to the main panel of the program, click subtitle to select your desired subtitle.
- 1. Edit a .srt or .ass file.
You can either download a .srt or .ass file from website and then modify it, or create .srt or .ass format subtitles totally on your own.
(Please note that Any Video Converter Free supportes .srt and .ass subtitle formats.)
To make .srt format subtitles, you can follow below steps:
I. Open Notepad, WordPad or other text editor;
II. Edit subtitles shown as below:
Notes: SRT consists of four parts, all in text.
a. A number indicating which subtitle it is in the sequence. Begin with 1.
b. The time that the subtitle should appear on the screen, and then disappear. Number after the comma, such as 00:00:20,000 means Ms, 1 s = 1000 ms.
c. The subtitle itself.
d. A blank line indicating the start of a new subtitle.
Download the sample.srt file and modify to your own srt file.
- 2. Save subtitles to .srt format.
Please click menu File->Save As; change file name to “xxx.srt”; set “Save as type” to “All Files”; set “Encoding” to "ANSI" or “UTF-8”.
a. Save .srt file as “ANSI” if using English subtitles;
b. Save .srt file as “UTF-8” if using non-English subtitles.
- 3. Copy .srt file to video folder, rename .srt file the same as the video name.
Note: If you add more than one .srt files to the AVI folder, you can rename the .srt file name like this: if source AVI file name is “michael.avi”, the .srt file names can be “michael001”, “michael002”, etc.
- 4. Click "Add or Drag File(s)" Button or "Video(s) +" Button to add video file(s).
- 5. Go to the main panel of the program, click subtitle to Add subtitle.
- 6. Select Add Subtitle in Subtitle drop-down list and choose the .srt file.
- 7. Clikc , select Subtitles Option, then change subtitle Position, Size and Font.
Note: You can only choose the font that is in accordance with the code of the video subtitle language.
- 8. Click "Convert All File(s) NOW" Button to start converting. Sample of output video: